Miami-Dade County, Florida has some of the best judges, attorneys, and overall court system in the family sector. Miami Dade Family Courts are innovative and how focused on improving our community.
The best interest of the minor children is the top priority in every case that involves kids. Miami-Dade County courts have a Family Court Services Unit, offering it to those who are dealing with family issues and are in need of direction. This service has been going strong for over 20 years!
The Unit assists all judges and general magistrates with difficult family cases by providing “solution-focused and brief therapeutic interventions.” Attorney’s can also ask the Court for a referral to the Family Court Services Unit by filing a Request for a Referral.
What type of services are provided?
Pursuant to it’s website, Family Court Services provides the following services for families at no cost:
- Alienation: explore and assist with parental alienation.
- Child/Family Assistance: assistance with issues immediately affecting the welfare of the children through interviews with family members and children (if needed).
- Co-parenting: assessing and assisting in parenting skills, communication, and sharing time.
- Crisis Assistance: when the judiciary finds that an issue requires urgent attention such as when imminent danger to a parent or child might exist, immediate and rapid assistance is provided.
- Marital Reconciliation: when party(s) wants to separate/divorce, this service is to explore and assist in clarifying motivation and factors involved.
- Parenting Coordination: assist parents in creating or facilitating their parenting plan and providing strategies to limit the child’s exposure to the parental conflict.
- Reunification: explore and assist with feelings of estrangement experienced by a child toward a parent while attempting to establish or reestablish the relationship.
- Time-sharing: addressing the parties’ issues regarding the sharing of their child, assisting parties in the clarification of an existing time-sharing schedule and/or the development of a more meaningful arrangement.
- Supervised Visitation/Monitored Exchanges: observation of the interaction between parent/child in a safe, friendly, environment when the physical and/or emotional welfare of a child may be otherwise threatened. Supervised visitation hour are as follows: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
What if I need more help?
Community Resource Services Community Referrals:
Family Court Services may connect families to community providers for any court-ordered service ordered by the Court. This includes services such as therapy counseling, extended co-parenting, parenting classes, parenting coordination, psychological/psychiatric evaluation, substance abuse evaluation/treatment, social investigation, therapeutic supervised visits, and DNA testing.
Family Court Services is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, visit its Frequently Asked Questions page.
Family Court Services
Lawson E. Thomas Courthouse Center
175 N.W. 1st Avenue Suite 1503
Miami, Florida 33128
Telephone: (305) 349-5508
Fax: (305) 349-5634
This blog was created and monitored by Legal Lotus, P.A., a Miami based Law firm specializing in family and civil litigation throughout South Florida. Legal Lotus is not associated or affiliated with Family Court Services. It does however, make requests for referral to Family Court Services in difficult cases, as the Unit has proven to be effective in some cases.
The legal process can get difficult, which is why we always recommend that you seek assistance of counsel; or at least have a consultation. Schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys today to review the issues of your case, the legal options you may have, and certain rights that pertain to your unique situation.
Have more questions? Let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com and we will do our best to develop content to provide you with direction and insight!
For more information:
Check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Visit our website
Shop our Legal Templates