Want to find your dream job? We are looking to grow our team, and you might just be the person we are looking for!
Looking for creative, organized, and passionate go-getters who believe in our mission to fill a few key roles within our company. At this time we are virtual and offer the flexibility to work from anywhere.
If you are interested, or know someone else who might be, you can get all the details here:
Three positions available: (1) Two law clerk positions that involve actively learning what it takes to be an attorney and/or how to run a law firm; and (2) One legal assistant with managerial duties. We also have an internship position available that may lead to a paid position after the expiration of a 60-day probation period.
Legal Lotus, P.A. is are a fast-growing, busy law firm that helps families with changes in relationships (divorces and children issues) and business (from start-up to dissolution). We’re looking to hire up to two law clerks. We also have an internship position available that may lead to a paid position after the expiration of a 60-day probation period.
Our ideal candidate is positive, has a can-do spirit, and a great team-player. Our Firm’s culture is very important and we are all working towards the same goals. You should also possess strong communication skills, be a self-starter and team-player, and be willing to take ownership and accountability for the duties and responsibilities of the job. This person will have a strong drive to succeed and a true love for helping others.
This position includes flexibility and independence in schedule and in task management and completion; access to new opportunities and trainings; the chance to work in a collaborative environment; and the opportunity to make a difference.
We move quickly and, being a growing Firm, responsibilities and job descriptions often change. We need someone who can really own this role and help take our Firm to the next level.
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our Firm. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Researching legal areas and writing
- Input information into forms and compile filings for review.
- Draft and prepare letters for attorney review.
- Monitor pending cases, manage case deadlines and status issues.
- Organize and compile supporting documents for pleadings, motions, petitions, and filings.
- Prepare and file pleadings, petitions, briefs and/or motions.
- Prepare and maintain client files in an organized manner.
- Update clients on progress, answering their questions or preparing paperwork.
- Take notes during interviews, depositions, court hearings, and meetings.
- Attend at least one (1) weekly seminar and/or luncheon for training, office management, and/or self-development.
- Be available for at least one (1) networking meeting commencing at 7:00am.
What you need for this role:
- Access to a laptop or PC
- Access to Word and Adobe
- Knowledge of MS, Word, G-mail, Excel, internet and case management programs
- Ability to work remotely for the time being
- Open-minded and drive
Who this position is for:
This position is for a person who:
- Is a self-starter & self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- Is extremely detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in our Firm. We want someone comfortable managing complex processes on a routine basis.
- Has high follow-through.
- Is decisive. Although we will always be available to resolve complex or sensitive problems, we want someone comfortable making mid-level decisions and judgment calls.
- Is committed to excellence. We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the Firm.
- Is resourceful. Our ideal candidate doesn’t need to have their hand held, is a strong critical thinker, and will figure things out when they don’t know the answer. That being said…our ideal candidate is not afraid to ask questions.
- Is adaptable. Our ideal candidate is always up for something new, and can implement new ideas quickly.
- A caring, strong and experienced customer service leader, who’s committed to going above and beyond to make legal process a smooth and efficient experience for our clients.
- A born go getter — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up, and make the world a better place.
- An effective, clear communicator in all formats with great people skills.
- A self-motivated team player with strong problem solving abilities and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Has excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about timelines, challenges and questions.
- Has a strong aptitude for building trust in relationships and seen as someone who can maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Deeply understands the “human” side of business and law, and understand how impactful it is to be empathetic when managing client related issues.
- Wants to use their gifts and skills to help make the world a better place
- Can handle direct feedback, and is not afraid of constructive feedback. Remember, we are a team and your improvement is important to us.
- Is hyper focused on getting the details right – you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks.
Still with me? Ok, great! Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to genuinely connect with clients, potential clients and co-workers.
- Ability to execute a project from start to finish independently
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and conscientious with respect to deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to closely follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn from constructive feedback.
- Ability to deal with the occasional difficult individual, with grace and professionalism.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to learn new software and technology.
- A background in law is a plus, but not required.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Clio Management and/or Clio Grow is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Light
This job is not for you, if:
- You have personal drama.
- You are not willing to commit wholeheartedly to this job.
- You don’t like responsibility or the pressure of deadlines.
- You don’t find fulfillment in helping others.
- You have no sense of humor.
- You’re unwilling to grow or learn new skills.
- You need to be micro-managed to make sure you stay focused and complete a task.
- Mentorship and hands-on training on how to run a law office and practice on South Florida;
- Access to seminars, workshops, and other resources on both business and personal growth;
- Access and participation in networking events and charity work;
- Access to legal database comprising of customized forms and legal case law/text;
We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter and life-long learning. If this job description gets you excited and eager to start working, please follow these simple instructions on how to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating your first and last name with the title of the most recent book/audiobook/podcast/etc. you read/heard and would recommended. Please attach a copy of your résumé or CV.
In the body of the email please answer, in one to four sentences, this question: Why do you want this job; and what you expect to be paid and why? If you do not follow these directions, we will reject you without further consideration or notice.