Updates for Criminal Cases in Miami-what you need to know:

Yesterday, Miami-Dade County Courts announced that certain proceedings in criminal cases may now be conducted remotely either by phone or by video.

Find out what proceedings are given the green light to be set virtually and how to schedule them:

Read More

Important COVID-19 Announcement

The Florida Bar is providing information and updates via a webpage at http://www.floridabar.org/covid19 to centralize communications to all Bar members including court announcements, cancellations, rescheduled meetings, and any other matters that may affect lawyers and their clients. Here is the latest: March 13, 2020—from the Florida Bar— This afternoon, Chief Justice Charles Canady issued an […]

Read More

Can child support payments be modified?

Child Support Modification

Yes. Florida law permits a modification in the amount of child support payments, provided that the party requesting for the modification shows that there is a substantial change in circumstances since the date of the order setting the amount.

Read More

Can I move out of state with my Child?

moving out of state with minor child

If you do not live with your child’s other parent, chances are you may need permission to move out of the State (or even County) you live in. For legal purposes, the act of moving 50 miles away from your current address with the minor/dependent child is called relocation. What is Relocation? Florida Statute defines […]

Read More

What are the custody laws in Florida?

Child custody is a legal term used to describe the legal and practical relationship between a parent and their child. In Florida, we call this timesharing.

Florida law requires a timesharing schedule to be included in the parenting plan that specifies the time, including overnights and holidays, that a minor child will spend with each parent.

Read More

Establishing Paternity in Florida:

establishing paternity in Florida

In Florida, unmarried fathers have little to no parental rights. In order to establish your rights to your child, you must establish paternity.

Read More

How to request for support while action is pending: 5 Simple Steps

In most cases, one spouse earns more than the other.

Some people have a hard time paying the bills after they have separated. But what happens when a divorce has been filed?

Can you ask the Court to require your spouse to financially support you while the divorce is pending? Can you ask the Court to require your spouse to help pay for your attorney?

The answer is YES! Here’s how:

Read More